Previously in issue #10
Here’s the setup: The Ultimates are in the back of a van driven by one of the Serpent Skulls (Sidewinder). Also in the back, Diamondback (another Serpent Skull). On top of the van? Taskmaster, a bounty hunter who’s bringing them in to a mystery client. Behind the van? Bombshell. And she wants her friends back.
Much fighting, cussing, and bombing ensues and the whole lot end up in the East River. They’re on shore no more than five seconds before it’s back to business.
Meanwhile, Crossbones comes from out of the sewers – and out his damn feelings – and storms into Ecstasy’s office. He wants what Jip owes him. Too bad Jip’s turning into something very big, ugly, and evil thanks to the massive amount of experimental drugs he inhaled.
The Ultimates finally have Taskmaster in custody and he can’t resist the urge to monologue. He’s collecting them for Roxxon. He goes down the list, naming reasons why they should each be grateful for Roxxon’s help and, in some cases, creation.
The party is interrupted by Jip, who is now Gozilla’ing his way through the city, still holding onto Crossbones and Ecstasy. The Ultimates take him on because they’re heroes. And as soon as Crossbones is free, he tries to get revenge on the Ultimates because he’s an asshole.
Thankfully, Terror Inc. arrives and they’re armed to the teeth. Well, maybe thankfully. I have a feeling these ex-cops would be totally fine with getting rid of The Skulls, Taskmaster, Jip, and the Ultimates.
- Great to see Bombshell keep herself in check and understand that being a hero means you don’t blast a hole through the face of the woman who killed your boyfriend just because you can.
- Oh, Jip. Look at your life. Look at your choices.
- Roxxon! Those bastards. I was just introduced to that corporation in Thor #2. Also, Crossbones said he was promised a seat at the table with “Hyd–” Hydra?
- Loved the panel of Taskmaster reading the Ultimates. The art continues to be gorgeous.
- Terror, Inc.! I cheered when they showed up. They’re so over everyone’s shit. And they look so damn ridiculous they’ve actually looped back around to looking badass. Can’t wait to see how this plays out.