Previously on Scream Queens, ‘Black Friday’
For thirteen weeks we watched intently, jotting down clues; eliminating suspects; gagging at Dean Munsch’s sexual appetite; swiping left on Tinder profiles and finally we get what we have all been waiting for: the identity of the remaining Red Devil Killer.
And our killer orphan is… Hester. (Cue sad trombone)
Wompity, freaking womp.
Once it was confirmed that Hester was the brains behind the Red Devil Killing spree, my brain shut off. A two-hour finale filled with one hour of fluff and another hour of exposition brought this mostly fun season to a sputtering halt.
So how did things end for our motley crue?
- We lose Handsome Pete to the Red Devil.
- Hester got into some serious self-mutilation, but found the family she always dreamed of having.
- Wes puts his mix-tape skills to use while he and Dean Munsch pretended to make babies, which evolves into a full-blown, weekends in Napa and wine tasting type of relationship.
- Denise and Chad start and stop a torrid sexually intense five-month relationship. Denise leaves Wallace to fulfill her other dream: joining the FBI.
- ZayDay and Grace are the new face of an equal opportunity KKT.
- Chanel O, Sadie (Chanel #3), and Lindy (Chanel #5) shoot themselves in the their prison slipper adorned feet landing squarely where they belong: the sanitarium.
What did I get right?
- Handsome Pete was a killer but not the killer.
- Hester was the second baby.
- Denise and Chad brought the quippy fun in their final scenes together.
What did I get wrong?
ZayDay had nothing to do with it. (so disappointing)
Scream Queens S1E12 & E13
What started out as great guilty pleasure TV, ended with a thud. Well-placed music and snappy one-liners can only take you so far even in a show like Scream Queens. Ryan Murphy and crew left the ending with a cliffhanger, leaving the possibility of a second season, but is that something the people really want?