This Labor Day weekend, folks will head to the San Jose Convention Center for Wizard World. Wizard World Conventions are known for great programming as well as opportunities for photos and autograph signings with some of your favorite stars. This weekend is no exception and here are a few of the things we’re looking forward to:
- WWE Stars: Stephen Amell’s awe inspiring performance at Summer Slam proved that there’s lots of crossover between nerds and the world of professional wrestling. At Wizard World, WWE stars Roman Reigns and Paige will be doing photo ops, autograph signings and a 5:30pm Q&A panel on Friday evening.
- Nostalgia Bombs: Everything from hobbits to the Hulk. Billy Boyd, Pippin from Lord of the Rings, as well as original Hulk, Lou Ferrigno will be in attendance. There’s also James Marsters (Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Dean Cain (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) and Scott Wolf (Party of Five). Basically, my childhood will be in attendance.
- Cosplay Galore: There’s a good amount of programming dedicated to cosplay including a panel on cosplay filmmaking and building your own armor. Saturday evening at 7pm there’s a costume contest for the attendees.
- Gamers Get Love Too: The Wizard World Gaming Pavilion is open every day on the show floor with everything from tabletop games, to Call of Duty and Mario Kart. There are also gaming tournaments each day.
- Great Panels: One of the highlights in this weekend’s programming is Saturday morning’s “Body Image and Diversity” panel with Chunky Girl comics. There’s also “Cultural Imagery of Gotham and Metropolis” for DC lovers on Friday evening and “The Heroine’s Journey” with author Patti McCarthy. The various guest stars also have panels throughout the weekend. Brett Dalton’s (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Hail Hydra Q&A should be a crowd pleaser since the actor’s last appearance was at SDCC before filming for this season had begun.
Wizard World San Jose should be a great event for a variety of fans. For more information on the Wizard World San Jose programming check here. Tickets are still available online.